It's technique rather than strength

Tuesday, November 14, 2006


The BBC News webpage has a feature called In Pictures that I like to frequent. While looking through "Your perspective on the world: 3-10 Nov" I saw the above picture of kite surfing.

Kite surfing is a sport Session 1 says is expensive to get into, but rewarding enough to make the sacrifice. I haven't as yet had a chance to try my hand at kite surfing, but I would like to one day.

I found a site from Australia called "Behind the News" in which they interview kite boarders which is another name for kite surfing. Ceridwen Jones said something that was very encouraging. "I didn't find it that hard. I had flown kites quite a bit when I was younger, but to learn, once you have lessons it's actually quite easy. It's technique rather than strength."

I've heard this same sentiment applied to golf. I wonder how many other sports can say that it is technique rather than strength that really makes the difference?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home